Friday, December 26, 2008

A little Christmas cheer


Merry "shiner" Christmas !!! Now if she only had a few teeth knocked out too. I think it would tie the whole ensemble together. This is the gift that just keeps giving. This is what happens when you try to play soccer with the big boys. Poor Acacia has had two black eyes since coming to Thailand.


This was the day after Thanksgiving. We wanted to get in the Christmas spirit early this year. There are not that many reminders that it is Christmas around here. I don't think there is any snow in the forecast either.

Daddy's attempt to get a family Christmas picture. We tried to hold two of the cats on our laps, but they kept fighting so we opted for Tiger Lily.

Two of Santa's helpers showing off their nutcracker moves.

Ok, I lied about the snow forecast. We were able to take advantage of this small snow storm and plastered it against our sliding glass doors. I think the girls did a commendable job of making it look Christmassy.

Acacia showing off her favorite Christmas present the siamese webkins kitty on the right. She got her first webkins which she is carrying in her right hand from her good friend Brooklyn. Acacia loves her webkins more than anything in the world. In fact she has to go to a webkins anonymous meeting soon for her addiction. Thanks Karen!!

Shelly is supervising the girls with cracking their walnuts and almonds that they found in their stockings. The girls middle names are Fearless and Danger and they are interchangable for both girls. Hence the need for close supervision!

This is Christmas Eve night with all the Christmas lights on in the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Acacia making the black eye look vogue. Christmas style

Acacia and her friend Yurina at her school Christmas program.

Acacia and her class playing Christmas songs on the recorder. They did a great job.
Proud of you honey!

Anna at her school Christmas program sporting the traditional Christmas grass skirt. I think Anna is going to be in the theater someday. She loves being on stage. You go girl!!

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!
Love Brett, Shelly, Acacia and Annapurna

6 comments:

transplanting me said...

those pictures have not even begun to do that eye justice!

macyn said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com

Kirsten and Chad said...

The girls are beautiful - thanks for the updates. Can't believe how quickly time is passing! Happy New Year!

Carmen Goetschius said...

CUTE!!! Christmas in Thailand... I love the santa hats. Did Anna get a haircut? She is looking more grown up in some of these pictures-- maybe I am just crazy.

Love you guys,
Car

Peter Varvel said...

Such beautiful Christmas photos! (I liked the snowman in the window!).
What lovely holiday memories you're creating - and documenting - for the girls!
Shelly, when you get back to the states, maybe the girls will be old enough for us to take them dancing at "Crush" (just kidding, I don't think that's even open anymore).
Happy New Year, Faucett Family!

Sandy said...

WHAT A GREAT SHINER!!! It looks like you had a fantastic Christmas. Very festive!! I would love to share some of our snow....and the shoveling. Happy Holidays to all.
love,
Sandy