Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blurry

When Shelly and I joined Peace Corps we had to go through a lengthy physical exam. During our eye exam the opthamologist performed the vision test where you had to say which way the "E" was facing going from larger letters to smaller letters. Shelly and I were surprized that we both scored 20/15 vision. That is better than the standard perfect vision score of 20/20. That was 10 years ago when I was 34 and still had the remnants of a 6pack too. At least a 2 pack for sure, or was that Toopak Shakur. I don't know, anyway.....Where was I? I think I'm losing brain cells too!
Oh yeah, ever since coming to Thailand I've noticed that I have trouble reading books in the 12in to 16in range. But, how could that be I have 20/15 vision. The Doc even said so. I am falling apart. Instead of the 6 pack I now have a pony keg and I feel like I'm going blind. I have to hold reading materials at arms length to read anything.

I would keep rubbing my eyes, maybe I just had sleep in them. No, it was old age. I came to a realization that I'm an old fart. At least I have my hair!!
Shelly got me these reading glasses and now it is like I can see again. Wow!!!! vision neat! Brett like read book. Thanks Honey for kickin it with your old man for all these years.

2 comments:

Carmen Goetschius said...

So awesome and hilarious! You funny man you are.

Glasses look good. Miss you guys!
Glad to read another post from you!
xoxox
Carmie

Sandy said...

HA HA.....join the crowd!