Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CAM





CAM stands for (C)hurch of Christ in Thailand (A)IDS (M)inistry. This is the place, and some of the people that I will be working with on HIV/AIDS. Right now all my time is devoted to language training. The Thai lady at the computer is Jarawan. She and her husband Sanan have been doing HIV/AIDS Ministry for the last 15-16yrs. They have several projects and programs located throughout the Chiang Mai region. I will be working closely with them to get my bearings and to really assess the HIV/AIDS problem affecting Thailand. I will be visiting various clinics, slums, AIDS orphanages and other AIDS related projects through CAM. The caucasian lady is Judy and she has been working with CAM for some time and was a nurse prior to coming to Thailand. I will be posting pictures of these locations as I visit them. I'm sure I will be seeing some things that will break my heart, but this is what we are here for. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we venture forth.

1 comment:

Peter Varvel said...

Brett, Shelly,
I really admire the work you're doing.
Thanks for forwarding the blog!
Very interesting reading and great photos!
I will be sure to tune in regularly. What a great way to keep up with the adventures of the Faucett Four!